I wrote this article back in 2012, listed down artists to watchout for that particular year. The list included – Jordan Suckley, Basil O’Glue, Heatbeat, Norin & Rad and Simon O’shine. Well we don’t have to give a second thought but all these artists have grown like monsters in the Trance music scene, we wish them all the best!
So while I continue the tradition, I want to list down artists, you should keep your eyes on in the year 2014 and hope all of them reach great heights in their career. This is simply a personal judgement call…hope being listed on Trance Hub is lucky for them ;)
1. Adam Ellis. This new bloke from UK is seriously growing into a dynamite just waiting to explode in the trance music scene. Adam Ellis released Napalem Poet on Kearnage Recordings and the track is making waves in the trance music fraternity. Adam has many more projects to come on Subculture, Kearnage Recording, Mental Asylum Recording, Armada Music and Future Sound of Egypt. He is without doubt one young artist to bookmark in the who’s who of exciting new music producers. He is also touring all over Europe so make sure you catch this amazing new talent
2. New World – Gordon Schissler aka New World from USA has been producing some exemplary Uplifting Trance for a while, their remix of Natlife’s Sawariya was loved by everyone when Aly&Fila dropped it in Mumbai. Gordon has music released on Defcon, Abora Recordings and Trance All-stars. He has been regularly supported by Ahmed Romel and FSOE’s head honcho Fadi. With atleast 3 new ID’s to be released in Abora Recordings, we think New World is the one to watchout for in Uplifting genre!
3. Ian Standerwick – We all remember the track – This is my Sanctuary! Ian Standerwick is back, born in Bristol England, Ian’s early career as a Songwriter/Producer/Vocalist. Though after the release of Folding your Universe with ReOrder his career is back in action and how! He’s been playing all over UK and will be playing at ASOT 650 in Utrecht. We believe, this year Ian will take his career to the next level and become a well known producer & DJ. All the best Ian!
4. Tomas Heredia – Young Tomas Heredia from Argentina has been belting out some fabulous stuff on Armada Music, his remix of Armin’s Communication brought him some instant fame and then a collab with James Dymond make sure that he is a producer to watch out for. It is perhaps the best time to be in Argentina, the genre is growing like wild fire and every DJ mentions that Argentina is the best place to play, this definitely works in his favour. Watchout for this young sensation as he takes his momentum ahead to become a major producer & DJ in the South American scene.
5. Lostly – Born and raised in South Africa, Andre Frauenstein aka Lostly came into contention with his dark video of If not you, who? Indecent Noise spotted this talent and there was no looking back, with chart topping releases featured on labels such as Discover Records, Mental Asylum, Adjusted Music, Borderline Music as well as compilation albums such as the infamous Technoclub series. He has also completed several collaborations and remixes this year for the likes of Aly & Fila, The Thrillseekers, Indecent Noise and more. This no non-sense chap seems to be a long term player, watchout for Lostly!
6. Ori Uplift – Harpaul Alberto Kohli aka Ori Uplift from Washington D. C is the next big thing in Uplifting Trance, we all have heard that epic episode of Crystal Clouds anniversary. Ori Uplift compiles some really fascinating uplifting and thematic trance into his show Uplifting Only. With his label Abora Recordings, he is all set to give Uplifting trance a big push! Also being in the USA, that country really needs some serious education on uplifting and epic trance. This year you will hear a lot of Ori Uplift, so get set!